Tuesday, August 9, 2016

IN SEARCH OF A CORRECT AND AN ENRICHED PEDIGREE

Even as a life long genealogist, my New England ancestors were more names and dates than real people.  A few years ago I decided that my former attitude - "that my grandmother had done all the research necessary" - was incorrect.  I had found a couple of lines where incorrect ancestors had been placed in the pedigree.  Because of this I decided it was time to review all the lines of ancestry and verify (with modern resources) that my ancestry was accurate.  While doing this I began to realize how few sources were attached to these ancestors and how few had any kind of life story.  It has been an enjoyable and continuing journey.  As these brief stories of Hannah's ancestors are provided, I hope they help to bring our ancestors to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment