Thursday, February 9, 2017

NEWS FLASH: Hannah Knight Libby's obituary has been found!

Yesterday, after attending the RootsTech conference I opened my email to a most outstanding surprise.  I keep a tree of my ancestry on WikiTree.com as a kind of way to advertise my pedigree so I might discover more cousins.  Well my Hansel and Gretel act of leaving bread crumbs paid off yesterday.

One hundred and fifty years ago this October Hannah died.  We have never known the exact date, only that on Nov. 2, 1867 a letter was written by Mary E. Whiting from Springville to a relative in Manti stating, "Mother Carter is dead."  That has been where our knowledge of Hannah's death has stood for 150 years.

Thank you Virginia Bright (a wife of an Isaac Morley descendant) for sharing this with us. We will discuss Hannah's death in more detail on this blog at a later date.

Wednesday, October 23, 1867 in the Salt Lake Daily Telegraph

No comments:

Post a Comment